Monday, February 1, 2010

One Month...and Counting

One month to go on my consulting contract...and my career as a prosecutor. It will end almost thirty years to the day after I started with the County. Last year at this time, as I put in my retirement papers, it felt as if somebody I loved had just died. Now...it's still sad, but I'm looking forward to having the time to do a lot of things I've been putting off for quite a long time.

These days, it seems like most of my time is taken up getting ready for our big move to White Lake. We're nearly done with our "hired" remodeling (though we still have some new flooring to install), and are mostly painting and decorating. Our geothermal system is up and running...and there's still a lot of paperwork to do --- changing tax records, our drivers licenses, and the like.

But things are starting to move, and the house is starting to take shape. I hope to be completely moved in by the end of the month --- just in time for my retirement --- but I have a feeling that I'm just dreaming.

Of course...I do tend to dream a lot. Sometimes, it gets me into trouble....but mostly, in the end it leaves me with a smile.

JEFFREY CAMINSKY, a veteran public prosecutor in Detroit, Michigan, specializes in the appellate practice of criminal law and writes on a wide range of topics. His books include the science fiction adventure novel The Star Dancers, the exciting second volume in the Guardians of Peace-tm series, The Sonnets of William Shakespeare, and the acclaimed Referee’s Survival Guide, a book on soccer officiating. All are published by New Alexandria Press, and are available on Amazon, as well as directly from the publisher.

No comments: