Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Musical Disappointments

I missed our first concert over the weekend: my voice was gone, and I seem to have been developing a touch of bronchitis.

I went to the doctor yesterday, and am currently on meds. Already, I feel like I've turned a corner...though I'm not sure it isn't due to the "placebo effect."

Looking back, I think this is only the third or fourth concert I've missed in my entire 50+ years of singing...and only the second missed due to illness. I didn't get a chance to sing my solo...but all in all, I guess I should consider myself lucky to have such a good batting average.

JEFFREY CAMINSKY, a veteran public prosecutor in Detroit, Michigan, specializes in the appellate practice of criminal law and writes on a wide range of topics. His books include the science fiction adventure novel The Star Dancers, the exciting second volume in the Guardians of Peace-tm series, The Sonnets of William Shakespeare, and the acclaimed Referee’s Survival Guide, a book on soccer officiating. All are published by New Alexandria Press, and are available on Amazon, as well as directly from the publisher.

No comments: